|
Hi, I'm a lazy ass.
|
Christine. 22. Wants to live a simple and boring life.
Amanda Li Ying Meng Kiat Tonggab Yi Wen Yi Xin May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 February 2012 April 2012 Layout is coded by Cia, Blog / Blogskins. Inspirations from Bloodcast. Banner by The Fading Night |
Summing up Jogja.. Thursday, June 9, 2011 @ 9:49 PM
So many great things to say about my school trip to Jogjakarta. YES THIS WAS MY HOTEL ROOM! Aww yes the generous buffet breakfast we feasted on every morning... *groans* ![]() Of all the historical places we visited, Borobudur was the most impressive. If it weren't for the swarming tourists I might just have gained enlightenment there and then. Yes, it was truly spetacular how people of the past have so much patience and skill to toil under the hot sun and to carve all the stuff on the walls, and how it survived so many volcano eruptions. I hope I can go back there again (without students). There's A LOT of symbolism in all the carvings and architecture. If I explain just what I know (which is just a bit) to you I'll probably take quite some time. See the holes in the bell shaped figures? The one closest to the foreground describes a person with worldly desires, which is represented by a diamond shape, which is unstable and can topple over easily. Then there's the square, which represents someone who has controlled his worldly desires, but still thinks about them. The last one, which has no gaps or holes at all, represents a person who has got rid of all desires and is thus enlightened. Ok very sudden but yes I harvested peanuts! And planted rice too (though I'm VERY SURE the farmer will have to redo the damage we did). Yes the mud was rather disgusting. ![]() That's mirror lake on the Dieng Plateau area, which is supposed to be coloured from the high sulphur content but you can't really see here. Very sinister looking Sikidang Crater. Within was bubbling mud, not water. It smelled terrible. The journey up and down Dieng Plateau was truly breathtaking. You can really see all the rice terraces and the misty mountains. Beautiful right? And also, Mount Merapi, one of the world's most active volcanoes. You can see the peak in the cloud. She's feeling rather shy that day. Taman Sari, water castle. A place for a kinky king and his concubines lol. Prambanan Temple was awesome too! The destruction left by Mount Merapi when it erupted last year. See the writings on the rock? I asked my guide and she told me that the person who wrote it asked the rock what it wanted as no matter how people moved it, it would not move. She said the operator of the vehicle to remove the huge volcanic rocks had a dream that this rock actually has a partner, and that it is wait for him/her. Partner rock is near some uphill stream, so this rock here is waiting for partner rock. There was one thing bad about Indonesia though. Cigarettes! Almost every grown man it seems smokes, and oh I think I received one year's worth of lung pollution during the 6 days I was there. And something unrelated. I donated blood today!! |