|
Hi, I'm a lazy ass.
|
Christine. 22. Wants to live a simple and boring life.
Amanda Li Ying Meng Kiat Tonggab Yi Wen Yi Xin May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 February 2012 April 2012 Layout is coded by Cia, Blog / Blogskins. Inspirations from Bloodcast. Banner by The Fading Night |
Back home already~ Monday, July 20, 2009 @ 4:03 PM
My first day at work was er, not like the first day of work people would expect. I was supposed to report to school at 8 am but the official letter that came told to to report at 1.30pm which in turn made me unable to meet the principal, that was one. I was then shown to the conference room, and waited for about 15 minutes until I met the staff development dean, a woman in her thirties whose looks immediately made me stereotype her in the "modern career woman" category. She was nice enough, but I felt rather awkward around her. I think it must be because I'm no older than the students there and I felt like a total noob. She briefed me through some stuff on school and what is and not, then introduced me to the VP. She reminded me of my Japanese teacher with her slight figure but obviously someone that shouldn't be messed around with. And although she only reached to around my shoulders I could feel her towering over me with her air of cynicism and the all too obvious years of experience. She briefly asked me a few questions, with the "modern career woman" helping to supplement some info for me. And although her attitude wasn't wasn't condescending I certainly felt intimidated. She asked me about my diploma, and what specialised skills I had, all very practical. I told her my interests is in art, but she didn't sound all too convinced when my diploma is in digital media design. She didn't seem to know how I could come in handy for the subject and guess what, they already have a allied educator for art. I think she formed an impression I'll be more suitable for computer applications because I mentioned "photoshop". After our short talk did I realise that they accepted me into the school without having an inkling what to do with me. There's no timetable, they had no idea what subjects I could teach, whatever. I wonder how the in-between work was done by the MOE lor! Anyway I'll be reporting back to school on Wednesday in the morning, so hopefully they'd have worked out something for me by then. I don't mind observing lessons, but I certainly hope they won't just dump me into some rowdy class expecting me to handle them. The students are pretty rowdy there, and the teachers I've met all have this very cynical vibe around them. I wonder if its a teacher thing... |