|
Hi, I'm a lazy ass.
|
Christine. 22. Wants to live a simple and boring life.
Amanda Li Ying Meng Kiat Tonggab Yi Wen Yi Xin May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 February 2012 April 2012 Layout is coded by Cia, Blog / Blogskins. Inspirations from Bloodcast. Banner by The Fading Night |
Huuu! Tuesday, July 8, 2008 @ 12:28 AM
Last Kendo training today before the one month break. Well I didn't know it till Suresh told us at the end of the training. AND TO MY HUGE SURPRISE I SORT OF FELT "OH NO!" INSTEAD OF "OHHHH YES!!!" But after I sorted out my feelings a bit I figured that if I stopped for so long the "Lazy Disease" would come after me. AGAIN. BUT I BELIEVE THIS IS A TEST OF MY DETERMINATION! URGHH!!! Speaking of training. Had a chance to do some basics before jigeiko. I felt really blur. Hitting kote on a motodachi feels so weird after hitting air for such a long time. Gabriel pointed out at the way I held my shinai. (´・ω・`'A) So pai seh. I have been practicing at home for so long in a wrong way! No wonder the muscles in my fingers felt so tired after only fifty times of men cut. Had jigeiko with Li ying after that. Again I forgot the first cut of kirikaeshi was on where arh!! Heng is with Li Ying ah, if with senior I sure tio hoot. (-。-;) Jigeiko with Li Ying is almost always fun though. Its so fun its like chambara. But for now I can clearly see the difference between Li Ying's, Yi wen's and Amanda's fighting styles liao bah. But I'm no sensei so I really can't tell what's good what's bad lar. A week before today's training I've been thinking of asking Suresh for jigeiko. I actually needed one week to decide whether I should queue for him today, but I still did today lar. Anyway, I can only describe the jigeiko like I'm looking into some mirror of truth that shows only the unpleasant side of me. Its something that I've always wanted to hide away from, but I suppose if I don't face up to my mistakes I won't ever be able to improve. Jigeiko with Suresh honestly was like Sumo wrestling. I've exhausted almost all of my energy just by pushing him away, my men came off loose, and I was so concentrated on not getting my back on the ground that I really didn't think of conserving any energy. But I knew that it wasn't my strength that pushed Suresh back. I knew that he sort of let me go. No time to feel relieved though. I was panting like a bull and my tenugui fell down to my eyes. All I could see was the red of my tenugui. I just went in for men for quite a few times, and Suresh was like "T&*&^%%$#!!!" Something totally intelligible to me. He had to shout his "T&*&^%%$#!!!" for like 5, 6 times before I realised that he was talking to me. He repeated it for like 10 times before I understood that its "YOUR LEFT LEG DON'T COME IN FRONT!!!!" ε=( ̄。 ̄;) I suppose taking drugs feels like that bah. I felt so disorientated that my trip to MOS was as refreshing as after a yoga session. But my god leh my hearing REALLY VERY BAD. I still felt that doing jigeiko with Suresh...Ah I don't know how to explain lar. You feel that you've learnt something, but still so powerless. I suppose that feeling is being humbled ba. YES I FEEL HUMBLED! AND UM GUM WAN! I felt that I could have done much more. Yah um gum wan lar. At myself. After training I felt very energetic mentally, but my body was tired. But this mental wake up made me feel "Ahh, I'm still alive. I'm still a human. That feels good." I forget all about work, drop all pretenses I've done at work and be a normal 19 year old Christine Neo Chai Yuan. I suppose this is the beautiful thing about Kendo bah, during training only la. Anything out of training is another thing liao. |